Egg Dishes:Eggs Benedictine
Serves: 8 People
Time Required: 25 Minutes
1. 8 eggs, poached;
2. 4 English muffins, split, toasted;
3. 8 slices ham;
4. Hollandaise Sauce;
Ingredients for Hollandaise Sauce
1. 3 egg yolks ;
2. 3/4 cup melted butter ;
3. 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice ;
4. cayenne pepper to taste ;
5. salt to taste ;
6. chopped parsley, for garnishing ;
1. To poach the eggs boil water in a shallow pan add little salt, break each egg and slowly let it slide in the water, remove with a ladle when cooked, put aside and drain
2. For the Hollaindaise sauce, hip the egg yolks in a stainless steel bowl over steam or in a double boiler over boiling water.
3. Gradually add the melted butter, lemon juice and seasonings.
4. Cook only until thickened. Do not over cook.
5. Fry the sliced ham in butter on both sides, then place on top of a toasted English muffin half.
6. Put a drained poached egg on top of the ham and cover all with Hollandaise sauce.
7. Garnish with chopped parsley