Nourishing meals:IRISH STEW
Serves: 5-6 People
Time Required: 60 Minutes
1. ½ kg mutton;
2. 3 large carrots (cut in rounds);
3. 100gms beans, threaded and cut in rounds;
4. 100gms cauliflower, in florets;
5. 2 medium sized onions, cut in 4 pieces,
6. 2 whole peeled potatoes, cut in quarters;
7. celery (optional);
8. ¾ litre water, more can be added;
9. ½ cup milk;
10. 1 tbsp flour or corn flour;
11. 2-3 cloves;
12. 1 inch cinnamon;
13. 1 large (black) cardamom;
14. salt and pepper.
1. Clean mutton and place with celery, cardamom and cinnamon in water.
2. Boil and let it simmer covered till the meat is done.
3. Add cauliflower, let it cook a bit. Add carrots and beans.
4. Cook together till the vegetables are cooked but firm and mutton is tender.
5. Mix corn flour in a little water, stir into stew and allow it to thicken. Serve hot.