Mughlai Cuisine: Mughlai Zaafrani Murg (Mughlai Saffron Chicken)
Serves: 5-6 People
Time Required: 35 Minutes (Marination Time of 1 Hour)
1. 750 gms chickens, cleaned, washed and cut into pieces
2. 1 teaspoon salt, to taste;2-3 bay leaves
3. 4-5 cloves 1 tbs ginger-garlic paste
4. 1 teaspoon red chili powder
5. 1 pinch saffron
6. Paste of 4-6 tbss cashews that have been soaked in water
7. 2 tbs yogurt
8. 4-5 tbs oil
9. 2 tbss grated onion
10. 1 teaspoon garlic paste
11. fresh chopped coriander leaves to garnish
1. Mix red chilly powder with a little water, add salt, ginger-garlic paste, a pinch of saffron, yogurt and marinate the chicken pieces.
2. Heat oil in a pan.
3. Add bay leaves and cloves stir-fry for a minute.
4. Add grated onions and sauté till it turns brown.
5. Continue to sauté till the raw smell of garlic is gone.
6. Add the marinated chicken pieces and mix well.
7. Cover and cook for 15 minutes or until the chicken is tender.
8. Add 2-3 tbss of cashewnut paste and a pinch of saffron.
9. Mix well.
10. Garnish with fresh chopped coriander leaves.