Egg Dishes:Scotch Eggs
Serves: 4 People
Time Required: 35 Minutes
1. ½ kg minced meat (lamb/beef/pork) pound;
2. 1 tbs fresh parsley — chopped ;
3. 1 tbs grated onion ;
4. 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon ;
5. 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg ;
6. 4 hard-cooked eggs — shelled ;
7. 1/2 cup fine dry breadcrumbs
1. Combine minced meat with parsley, onion, cinnamon and nutmeg; mix well.
2. Divide meat mixture into 4 portions; shape into patties.
3. Beat 1 egg and keep aside.
4. Roll hardboiled eggs in white flour sifted with salt and pepper.
5. Place one shelled hard boiled egg atop each patty,
6. Shaping the minced meat mixture around egg till completely covered.
7. Brush with a beaten egg.
8. Roll in bread crumbs and deep fry to a golden brown. Cut into halves lengthwise.
9. Serve on a bed of lettuce
Scotch Eggs are a favorite hunting, fishing and tailgating breakfast in the Southern USA. They are wonderful dish for picnics and are also delicious when they are eaten cold.